Our private guided tours visit a selection of locations, all of which are recognisable as having featured in the series. For a self guided tour, you can download our new Visit Craggy Island App, available for both android and iphone, and use the Ted Tour option to guide you around the main locations in County Clare. We are no longer offering scheduled public guided tours.
PLEASE NOTE!: Our 3 hour private guided tours visit some of these locations, see here for information on the tours, including locations visited during private tour.
6. The Parochial House – This location is included in our half day tour.
7. A Song for Europe – Relive the glamour of Ted & Dougal’s appearance in the Song for Europe at the scene of the video for ‘My Lovely Horse’. You can also visit the shrine to Father Ted and other locations from ‘The Mainland’ nearby. This location is included in our half day tour.
8. The Chinese Pub – More Drink! This is where most of ‘Are you Right There, Father Ted?’ was filmed. Don’t forget to have a drink or two! This location is included in our half day tour.
1. The Crag – The organisers of TedFestII erected a plaque to celebrate the filming of the Father Ted series. It was unveiled by Graham Linehan and Arthur Mathews in February 2008. This location is included in our half day tour.
5. Mrs O’Reilly’s House and the Roundabout – That famous garden gate, where Pat forgot his trousers and, nearby, the scene of the roundabout and the mobile mass. These locations are included in our half day tour.
4. The Holy Stone of Clonrichert and the Cliffs of Moher – Visit the site of the Holy Stone [former Class 2 relic]. The views from the Cliffs of Moher are spectacular. This location is not included in our half day guided tour, but can be included in a tailored private tour and is listed in our self guided app (admission fees may apply).
2. The Very Dark Caves – Visit the Very Dark Caves where it would be really funny to shout “I don’t believe it!” This location is not included in our half day tours, but can be visited on a private tailored tour or independently. You can also book to visit this location here.
3. Campsite from Hell – Don’t forget to pack the travel Scrabble when visiting the campsite from ‘Hell’, and yes, there will be cows … small and far away. This location is not included in our half day tour, but can be visited on a tailored private tour or independently.